ForTii® Ace offers excellent chemical resistance, mechanical properties and high heat resistance.
ForTii®Ace key benefits:
- Excellent chemical resistance under extreme conditions (moisture, salt, oils, acids, etc)
- Outstanding NVH properties
- Easy and robust molding processing
- PPA with highest aromatic content of >50wt%
- Extreme stiffness and strength up to 150°C
- High peak temperature resistance up to 320°C
- Glass transition temperature of 160°C
ForTii® Ace outperforms other chemical resistant materials like PPS and PEEK.
ForTii® Ace is outperforming existing solutions:
- Vs. Metal: ForTii® Ace can replace metal at just 50% of the weight over a wide range of temperatures
- Vs. PEEK: PEEK shows a great performance profile for metal replacement; however it faces an economic hurdle. ForTii® Ace delivers similar high-heat resistance, chemical and mechanical properties, but at significantly reduced costs and with easy and robust processing.
- Vs. PPA &PA66: ForTii® Ace has a Tg of 160°C, which results in superior mechanical performance. It offers higher chemical resistance vs e.g. EGR, water/glycol and transmission oils.
Applications that meet the extreme needs:
- Transmission components
- Structural oil pan
- Front engine cover
- Engine mount
- Thermal management systems
Loading, please wait